Gregory J. Englund
Greg’s clients include dentists, physicians, veterinarians, and other health care professionals, as well as numerous medium‑to‑small businesses engaged in manufacturing, construction, food distribution, technology, retail, and consulting.
- Greg has represented buyers or sellers in well over 750 dental practice sales in Oregon and Washington. He has also represented buyers and sellers of practices in Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Hawaii, and Texas.
- Lead counsel for a local food distribution and transportation company acquired for $8+ million.
- Representation of a local construction equipment sales company in an acquisition by a public company.
- Representation of a Washington technology company acquired by a New York company.
- Experience includes litigation involving employment, real estate, construction, commercial, corporate, real estate, securities and bankruptcy issues, and cases tried to verdict in both state and federal courts.
Greg became a Motschenbacher & Blattner LLP partner when he joined the firm in 2013. Prior to joining the firm, he was a partner in the Portland, Oregon firm of Hooper, Englund & Weil LLP for over 20 years. Greg has been in private practice for more than 40 years.
Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, Juris Doctorate, 1981
Willamette University College of Liberal Arts, Bachelor of Science, 1978
Oregon State Bar Association, 1981
Washington State Bar Association, 2003
U.S. District Court, Oregon, 1981
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1982
U.S. Tax Court, 1982
Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated (preeminent) since 1994
Professional Designations and Memberships:
Multnomah Bar Association, Member 1981-Present
Oregon State Bar, Business Law and Estate Planning Sections, 1989-Present
Volunteer Arbitrator and Mediator, Oregon State Bar Fee Arbitration Program, 1996-Present
Multnomah Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer’s Project Board 1987-1991, President, 1991
Client Security Fund Committee, Oregon State Bar, 1991-1994
Oregon State Bar – Business Law, CLE Committee, 1993-1995
Board of Trustees, Warner Pacific University, 2010-2021 (Chair, 2019-2021)
Board of Directors, Wild Canyon Events, Inc., 2008-2013
West Hills Covenant Church Council 1993-2001; Church Chair, 1996-2001
The Exchange Club Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse of Oregon, Inc. Board, 1983-1986; Center Board President, 1985-1986
Little League Manager and Babe Ruth Coach, 1992-1997
Greg is married, has two grown children, and two grandchildren. He is active in his church, is an avid baseball fan, and enjoys traveling and reading – especially American history.